Some thoughts on Fate/Extra from playing it the past several days while on a family vacation/business trip…
DISCLAIMER: There will be spoilers, you’ve been warned…
- I just started a random new game with a male character & Archer as my servant just for the lolz…reminds me why he’s my husbandu in the first place >.> …So f***ing hot , sarcastic, & hhhoooottttt @.@
- Also, Archer’s home base is totally banging >.<
- You think Caster would know her Noble Phantasm before, you know, the 5th week (with only 2 more to go), but no, she has to be difficult with all her cuteness -.-
- I thought it couldn’t get too much worse after the Berserker fight in terms of difficulty, apparently I was dead wrong ~.~ Granted, at least Assassin isn’t (or at least shouldn’t be) as hard as Berserker was, but I’m assuming, like Berserker, he probably has some instant death if not guarding attack that’s going to f’ s*it up <.<
- I love how they did the whole “sensual magic” thing with Caster & Rani…which leads me to believe it happens with the other servants as well…hmmm
- Why are there no (abundance of) items to heal my servants MP >.<* I guess the main benefit with having Caster (Tama) is that she learns a skill the automatically recovers a little of her MP at the end of every battle but still…
- F*ck Leo!! At first he seemed like such a nice kid, but f*ck that little pompous bastard X/ He’s a great example of a truly socialistic government gone out of control, at least in application
- Week 5’s the first time I ever f’ed up and got trigger 2 before the 1st trigger…f’ me /-,-\
- Saber’s f’ing Nero o.O….Ooookay
- I wish the female protagonist didn’t have such girly poses, it’s becoming fairly irritating and it’s completely unnecessary -.-
- I still, for the life of me, don’t understand why Caster, and I’m assuming the other servants as well, couldn’t tell you their identity sooner. Seriously, don’t I f’ing need to know this to strategize better?!
- Why can’t I have more “intimate” moments with my servant?! Namely, more conversations with dialogue path options & such?! It makes the whole Master-Servant interactions so much more interesting
- For a game that focuses more on its visual novel aspects than its actual game play, you think they would have better, if not more developed, dialogue trees/options than what they have. It’s like they half-a$$ed both aspects of the game to come up with a somewhat satisfactory game in the end ~.~ Quite frankly, for me, the whole Servant-Master interactions and relationship development is what’s keeping me going.
- Rani is freakin’ awesome, that is all.
- Too bad her Berserker (mofo LU BU) isn’t an optional servant for the player character in a new game plus >.>
- I love how well your protagonist takes it when they find out they weren’t alive/real to begin with, they’re just a digital ghost or memory of someone stored in the Moon cell. Granted, by this point, it was to be expected anyway (without the Wiki pg. or TvTropes spoilers)
- The whole Moon Cell/SE.RA.PH. system concept is very interesting to me…too bad they barely delve into its intricacies & such -.- Maybe when I actually beat the game they’ll reveal more
I’ll make another posting as I come closer to completing the game.