Since I’m so on behind this, just assume everything I got is from: AmiAmi, HLJ, eBay, Amazon, or some con. If there’s anything you see in particular that you want to know where I got it from, just comment below & I’ll send you the link.
Now, let the deluge begin:
Nekocon 2014 Banner
So, got some panels for Neko! This will be my first year going, so I’m kinda hype ^.^ Panels I’ll have are:
- Figures to the Max! – Panel Room 1 Friday, 6pm-7pm
- (UPDATE, same day) – Let’s Go to ‘The World’: A Panel About the .Hack Games – Panel 1 Friday, 1am
- Yaoi Tropes & Trends 3-Bigger, Longer, Harder MOTTO!! (18+) – Panel Room 3 Saturday, 12am-1am
- (UPDATE, 10/13/14) CLAMP in Wonderland – Workshop 2 Sunday, 3pm-4pm
I may be getting more, but I’m not counting on it.
Cosplay wise, I would like to do Gluttony Meiko from the 7 Deadly Sins Vocaloid series, but I’ll just have to see. I know I’ll wear my purple furisode that I made originally for AUSA ’14 here instead, most likely on Friday, & I’ll be doing either Ieyasu Tokugawa (Sengoku Basara) or Cliff Fittir (Star Ocean: Til the End of Time) depending on if Gluttony happens or not. Oh well, if I don’t do her costume here it will most likely be pushed back to Katsucon or Tekkoshocon.
Anyway, hope to see you peeps there ^.^
So, originally my list of panels was only 3, just gained 2 more:
- Defaming the Sacred!: Critical Looks At Popular & Classic – Friday 4p, Panel 4 (Tent)
- Final Fantasy: Love It or Hate It, They Still Have All Your $$$ – Saturday 6p, Panel 4 (tent)
So now my panel schedule for AMA ’14 is as follows:
- Cosplay Smarter: Ways to Save on Your Cosplay & Other General Tips – Friday 11:30a, Workshop Room
- Defaming the Sacred!: Critical Looks At Popular & Classic – Friday 4p, Panel 4
- The Sengoku Era, Basara, You, & Awesomeness – Friday 7p, Panel 3
- Valkyria Chronicles: A Love Story, A War, & Snipers – Saturday 9a, Panel 1
- Final Fantasy: Love It or Hate It, They Still Have All Your $$$ – Saturday 6p, Panel 4
…this is going to be interesting @.@
If you missed getting a handout at my panel or don’t feel like rummaging around for it:
Thanks to any & all that showed up to any of my panels & please don’t forget to give me any & all feedback ^.^
Katsucon 20 logo
So, for Katsucon 20 what I have approved so far is:
- Defaming the Sacred!: Critical Looks At Popular & Classic Anime (1.5hrs)  – Sat. Live 5, noon – 1:30p
- Figures to the Max! (1.5hrs)  – Sat. Live 5, 1:30p – 3p
- Bara vs. Yaoi: A Look Into the XY/XY Love Categories (18+) (1hr)  – Sat. Live 5, 12:15a – 1:15a
Zenkaikon 2014 logo
& for Zenkaikon ’14, I have the following:
- Obscure J-RPGs You Should Play (Available in America) – TBA
- Yaoi Tropes & Trends 3-Bigger, Longer, Harder MOTTO!! (18+) – TBA
- Figures to the Max! – TBA
- The Sengoku Era, Basara, You, & Awesomeness – TBA
- How to Con: Staying in a Hotel – TBA
So hype about both of these cons right now >.<
Face of Wikipe-tan (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I’ll say it now & at the end, don’t read if you get butthurt easily. This was originally planned for a FB but I decided to post it here first.
Let’s call this post, “You’ll Be Pissed Off If You Read This, So Don’t Read This ‘Cause I’m Not Dealing with the Attitude” type post; i.e., do not read if butthurt easily about trivial things. Essentially, I’m going to be listing off my Top 10 things I hate in the anime community, in which I’ll specifically call bullsh*t on certain things that occur w/in the bowels of animedom. Also, this is another long one, you’ve been warned:
- What’s-her-face from Witchblade is NOT a good mother >.< She’s not a terrible Mom, but she f**ks up just enough to not be a good one. Seriously, the kid would have been better off (& out of harm’s way) if the social workers put her in foster care. Why’s the foster care system being unnecessarily demonized in this series? I cringe whenever I hear people say this (usually male) b/c it’s a load of bull. So, the woman who usually needs her daughter to take care of her & has her daughter basically raising herself, she’s a good mother to that person? …Okay, you think that then >.>
- I ALWAYS disliked/hated Vash from Trigun/he’s not that interesting of a character. I hate obfuscating stupidity; I hate the whole “I’m a pacifist but I can totally drop you whenever I feel like it” thing, namely due to not having the backstory to really justify his b.s. “pacifism” (compare his BG story to Kenshin Himura’s in Rurouni Kenshin) & I find it somewhat superficial; who the f**k told this fool that you can’t shoot to disarm??? Who, I’ll cut a b***h >.<*; the downright disturbing Oedipus Rex complex type relationship he has with Rem; his tendency to question other ppl. about their ways of doing things & then getting pissy when he himself is questioned; &, ultimately, almost all the other characters in the series are light years more interesting to me than this Mary Sue/God-mode Sue ~,~ To be perfectly honest, the main thing that saved Trigun as a whole for me was the manga, Trigun Maximum, otherwise, I’d probably strongly dislike it at this point.
- Madoka is way too overhyped for what it is. They’re called CLAMP. Go watch their s**t & then get back to me. Also, Sailor Moon on a time travel level.
- As far as I’m concerned, I don’t blame the new-age fans for not finding Cowboy Bebop all that interesting. I mean, I still love this series to death, but when you look at today’s sh*t (& I mean that affectionately) & then Bebop, it’s just not stimulating enough to keep today’s short attention span audience engaged. I’m not saying it’s bad, person who did not head my warning at the beginning of this post, but it can be painfully boring at times & the characters really aren’t all that interesting in comparison to today’s crap (personally, found Outlaw Star more interesting as a whole than Bebop). Not to mention not enough Vicious; i.e., the main villain. The movie on the other hand…hated it! Where thee f**k’s Vicious?! ONLY reason why I started watching that show is b/c of Vicious, still butthurt ‘bout that -_-
- Eden of the East was borderline terrible! Holy kami-sama the hype for this show is unwarranted. I’ve never seen a more boring, more uninspiring, more predictable, more ‘meh’ piece of amazing animation crap for a while ‘til that show. The lead “heroine”, if you can call her that, seemingly only existed to get the main dude from point A to point B, she wasn’t interesting or really ‘necessary’ passed that, not to mention his “quirkiness” wasn’t all that endearing to me & his tendency to have his problems more or less magically fix themselves w/o putting in much effort to solve his own issues; i.e., bad writing, made this show a bore & tedious to watch. I would purposely be late to my college’s anime club in hopes of missing this freakin’ show ‘cause I couldn’t take it. Hell, if not for the main lame duo, I could probably find this series somewhat more interesting but for f**k’s sake this was overhyped & bad to boot >.>
- I always find it cynically & ironically hilarious how popular & liked Genshiken & Princess Jellyfish are…for how much they s**t all over ‘otaku’. I would think more ppl. would take some offense to shows that are supposed to be portraying ‘otaku’ in a more positive light, but spends every moment showing how unsociable they are, how they can’t talk to anyone outside their crazy interests, their interests are crazy, & all the other negative stereotypes of ‘otaku’. F**k, if you wanted a show like that that cuts the bullsh*t, just watch Welcome to the NHK ~.~ Heck, if ppl. like those shows for those reasons, I get it; if not, wtf…
- Let’s face it, the only reason why Durarara! was so popular was b/c of the Shizuo/Izaya pairing; otherwise, it was okay at best. To be more clear, the first season was pretty rad…then it kept going. I should also preface this with Baccano!’s way better everything else wise than DRRR! to me (they had the same creator), not to mention the serious lack of Shizuo AND Izaya anything the entirety of the series, so I never really was all that into it. ‘Cause when I think DRRR!, I think of an annoying a$$ punk kid, a mopey megane girl, & a boring new guy, all of which are HS students -_- Yeah, that sounds interesting & endearing >.>
- DBZ fandom, grow the f**k up. Namely, those that still lose sleep over DBZ not being on Toonami or would fight anyone who said they didn’t like it/anything negative. How many times does this series need to be redone, repackaged, re-everything before it’s enough for you ppl.??? Isn’t DBZ Abridged enough? Christo, this f’ing fandom X/
- Yuji Sakai from Shakugan no Shana is probably the most annoying lead male character I’ve seen of all the anime from that timeframe (2005-ish)!! I will fight a n****r about this, there is no debate, he’s f***ing annoying. Ppl. just don’t get it, I loved the movie & was seriously considering buying the whole series in one go, like I did with Avatar, but this little f***er pretty much f’ed up the whole thing. Seeing as I’ve only seen the movie, I’m totally open to the idea that he gets better as the series progresses, but don’t you f***ing lie to me that this s**t-stain to humanity wasn’t annoying as crap in the first season. When you have characters who know more about the situation than you (Shana) telling you “Hey, bro, that ain’t gonna work, don’t do that,” as does everybody else in the know, & you do it anyway…& it doesn’t f’ing work, I’m done, I’m done. You can officially go s**k a d**k now b/c that’s all you ever gonna be good for ‘cause you so stupid X/ Holy f**k, I will fight everyone about that. For the love of all things actually sacred, just b/c you like a show doesn’t mean you have to happily swallow every heaping pile of s**t the show makes you swallow, you can f’ing refuse it at least some of the time & then swallow the others, I sure as hell know I did that for X/1999 (one of my fav CLAMP works); you can do it for your b.s. as well.
- BONUS ROUND: There’s another name, another show, similar to Attack on Titan. Yes, really comparable but yet on a more grand & less grand scale at the same time, it’s called Claymore. Watch that show, then watch Shingeki again with an open mind (or reverse), & tell me they aren’t essentially the same show, just different monsters, writers, & a few other very minor details. Like I said to someone at a con before, Shingeki did really well b/c it’s competition was crap, but it isn’t ‘original’ or really groundbreaking in the slightest. Still awesome-sauce, but don’t call it perfect; NOTHING’S. PERFECT.
- On a more positive note, let’s bow our heads in reverence for all the anime that made it to America that never received the hype they so rightfully deserved. For me, Sengoku Basara always comes to mind…especially looking at how much Gurren Lagann was hype, & SB, being very similar on an over-the-top shonen level, was not; so sad face 😥
In conclusion, don’t waste time trying to “correct” me, I know I’m right. Also, why I gave a ‘do not read if butthurt easily’ warning/disclaimer before I even started. If you want me to clarify anything, I have no problem with that, but these are things I’ve always felt & will never be moved on, so arguing is futile.
Again, don’t comment, don’t hate, don’t bother me if you disagree with me, I don’t care & I still know that I’m right ~.~ Also, don’t forget I have to approve comments first before they’re posted…just sayin’